Name:
Location: Brighton, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Previous Graphics

I figured out the problem I was having with the graphics in Blogger. I was attempting to import BMP files when Blogger requires JPG files instead. Silly me. I have converted them and posting for your viewing pleasure.


This is a post of my tutorial 6 map, playing with the terrain.


Here is the same map with terrain modifications made. This was rather fun to do but a bit annoying in one way. If the height of your terrain in the room is incorrect you have to restart from the beginning to do the terrain, you can't just move the terrain actor as this will cause errors with mesh collisions.


This was a part of the design that gave me problems. As you can see from the inside it looks fine, however from the outside the hole is covered by rock and cannot be entered.


As I mentioned before I placed the skybox quite a distance away from the rest of my map. Otherwise it all works fine.


I had to get somewhat creative in order to combine my terrain room with the rest of the map. Since the terrain is not actually on the ground level of the room the opening for the terrain level is higher than the floor. So I used static meshes to create a stair walkway from one level to another. While doing this I did notice I had trouble placing static meshes on top of static meshes. For example placing a weapon mesh on one of the stairs. I'll have to look further into that later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home