Name:
Location: Brighton, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Version Problems

For class we will be importing objects that we create in Maya into the Unreal Tournament Editor. Normally these two programs do not communicate on our computers, in order to get this done we will need to download a plugin. Unfortunately it appears that everyone in our class has either Maya 6.0 or 7.0 and no plugin is available at the moment. Our instructor is researching alternatives. In the meantime we will be working more with the Unreal Editor tutorials. I have an idea on a level I can create on my own time as a side project, when its more than a thought in my head I'll post what I have later.

Along the lines of version issues, my team has determined why neither Ryan nor I could view Tom's musket. When we tried we receive a message stating that the file was corrupted, odd since it works just fine on Tom's computer. Tom has Maya 7.0 installed, Ryan and I have 6.0 installed. Apparently there are new features in Maya 7.0 that were implemented in Tom's musket and caused the error. Tom may have to download Maya 6.0 but first we are going to wait to see what the answer for the class problem is, so that we don't download anything we don't need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home