Name:
Location: Brighton, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, October 16, 2005

My First UnReal level

The homework for today was to follow along in the UnReal Editor 3.0 program and create our own little level. The tutorials were very well detailed and documented so following along was no problem at all. We were given a basic overview of the simpler tools and then let loose. Below is my first attempt at a room.

Basically just a big box for a player to run around in, only a few players could appear at one time. The next step was to expand this level into two rooms. A duplicate of the current room was created and then a hallway was added to connect the two. Lights were also added to give the level illumination. However in the tutorial lights were not added to the hallway. I found that when actually playing the level one of the walls in the hallway was completely dark and you could not see the texturing. Therefore a light was added to the hallway as well. Below is the improved level.


This map can be downloaded and played from here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bootleg blog-only Yahoo search
Ha, I've gotten my wish - Threadwatch has cooked up a blog-only Yahoo search that takes you directly to the blogs/Flickr/My Web 2.0 search result set instead of having to click through from the news/blogs ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a get local gas prices site/blog. It pretty much covers get local gas prices related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott :-)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home