Name:
Location: Brighton, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Homework One

This week I had three assignments; install Unreal Tournament 2004 to my computer, download and install Maya to my computer and join with my classmates in an Unreal Tournament game on Saturday morning.

Finding the Unreal Tournament 2004 game was not very difficulty, I was even able to locate the Editor's Choice Edition which was the recommended set to purchase. Installing it however proved to be more of a challenge that anticipated. It had slipped my mind that my computer does not have a DVD drive in which to read the CDs, since the Editor's Choice Edition is DVD. I therefore had to purchase a DVD drive and install it to the open bay of my computer before Unreal Tournament 2004 could be installed. However once the computer accepted the CDs installation was extremely simple and uneventful.

The Maya software was easy to install by comparison. It only took a few minutes to download the 150 MB file from the internet and perhaps 2 minutes to install the software. Everything went as planned and the software runs as expected, that is until I start actually using it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

The last part of our homework was to join together on Saturday morning and play a game or two of Unreal Tournament 2004. This ended up being a problem as our game server was corrupted and it took about a hour to set up a new one where we could meet. However once that was accomplished we were able to play a few games of "Capture the Flag" successfully. Unreal Tournament is not my normal type of game, when I decide to play. So as a result I was rather well demolished by my classmates. While my abilities are not very good, I was able to view the game scenery itself during the moments I was not being chased by my classmates. It is rather well done and very realistic. I was able to take a screenshot of the game that displays me and another of my classmates immediately after we won a round of Capture the Flag. I will post that picture in my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home